Tag: Strike Action

  • Resident doctors warn of January 12 shutdown as welfare talks stall

    Resident doctors warn of January 12 shutdown as welfare talks stall

    In an update published by The Nation, the Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) says it will resume a suspended nationwide industrial action on January 12 unless key demands are fully implemented.

    The association says the action plan—tagged TICS 2.0—will include service withdrawal and protests, with doctors insisting unresolved allowances, arrears, and administrative issues are undermining morale and patient care.

    THISDAY also reported that NARD plans to resume TICS 2.0 nationwide from January 12, noting it will commence “at exactly 12:00 am on Monday, January 12, 2026,” while The Nation states NARD “is set to resume its suspended nationwide industrial action on January 12.”

    The stakes are immediate: if both sides don’t close gaps quickly, teaching hospitals and major public facilities could see a fresh disruption in services.

    Echotitbits take: The stakes are immediate: if both sides don’t close gaps quickly, teaching hospitals and major public facilities could see a fresh disruption in services.

    Source: The Nation — January 4, 2026 (https://thenationonlineng.net/resident-doctors-set-to-resume-indefinite-strike-january-12/)

    The Nation January 4, 2026

    Photo Credit: The Nation

  • Ogun: Resident Doctors Call off Strike, State Sec School Entrance Exam Result Out

    Ogun: Resident Doctors Call off Strike, State Sec School Entrance Exam Result Out

    The Association of Resident Doctors(ARD) of the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Sagamu, has called off its planned industrial action scheduled to commence on Monday, 21st of September, 2020.

    A statement made available to Echotitbits by Governor Dapo Abiodun’s Senior Special Assistant on New Media stated that the development follows the signing of a memorandum of understanding with the state government.

    According to the President of the Association of Resident Doctors (ARD), Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Dr. Mutiu Popoola, the state government after series of meeting with the leadership of the association agreed to commit additional resources towards the remuneration of an enhanced salary package for OOUTH medical practitioners with entry level of CONMESS 3/2 and also agreed to make available Personal Protective Equipments to ensure that health workers are not exposed to any form of hazard.

    Popoola while acknowledging the state government for approving the commencement date for the enhanced payment for October, 2020, said they agreed that the payment would not accommodate salary arrears and would also be based on key performance indicators.

    He noted that the decision of the state government to continue to monitor the health system in the state so as to ensure that input generated is commensurate to the quality of health service output is a welcome development.

    Earlier in his remarks, the Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Olatokunbo Talabi while noting that the present administration in the state would continue to give the health care sector all the support it needs, added that the health of the people of the state is paramount to the state government.

    In another development, results of screening examinations into the 33 state owned Model  Secondary Schools with boarding facilities is out

    This announcement was made by the Ogun State Ministry of Education, Science and Technology in a statement signed by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Primary and Secondary Education, Ronke Soyombo Friday.

    “Students that did not sit for the examination or failed to meet the cut off mark in the screening examination can also check their names and schools where they have been placed on our website at www.ogmoest.org.

    “Starting from Saturday 19th, September, 2020, students that sat for the examination can visit the Ministry’s website, or go to the Zonal Education Offices in their respective local governments from Monday 21st, September, 2020 to check their results”, the statement read.